Insure Your Property Against Floods

Did you know, insurance typically does not cover flooding? Homes and business located in flood areas need to purchase flood insurance to cover damages caused by flooding. Because post-wildfire floods are typically more extensive than before wildfires, individuals and businesses downstream of wildfires need to reassess their flood risk and reevaluate the need for purchase flood insurance even if previously they were outside the flood zone.

To find out more about flood insurance, go to

For other financial tips related to wildfire, click here.

FEMA has published almost 100,000 individual Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs). See your map and learn how to read it so you can make informed decisions about protecting your property, both financially and structurally.